- All children Nursery through 8th Grade must be signed in and out by an adult parent or guardian.
- Classes start at 11:00 am. Please drop off your child no earlier than 10:45 am.
- Please pick up your child immediately following the service.
- Weather-permitting, children in elementary through 8th grade can be picked up in the Peace Garden following class; in the case of inclement weather, children may be picked up in The Sunlight Center.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in our classrooms.
- 9:30am & 11:00 am, Sanctuary Building Nursery
Nursery – Babies & toddlers learn Unity values of love, peace, oneness, and innate divinity through positive interaction with other children, as well as adult staff & volunteers. Children are encouraged to express creativity & uniqueness through play. Positive experiences here empower and affirm our little ones’ divine Light.
- 9:30am Sanctuary Building Nursery
- 11:00am Sanctuary Building Pre-school Room
Preschool – Using the Unity-published What a Wonderful World curriculum, our Pre-K teachers draw forth innate spiritual wisdom from our preschool aged children. We use puppets, discussion, simple meditation techniques, games, sensory-rich crafts, and a wide range of stories to deepen spiritual understanding. All of our activities encourage creativity and stress the importance and delight of connecting with God.
Assembly time & age-appropriate lessons support children in learning to connect with God and their own Light, as well as each other! Our teachers employ prayer and meditation techniques, sacred stories and discussion, interactive activities, and creative expression to link lesson topics to personal experience.
Assembly fosters a sense of community, while more advanced lesson material supports the integration of spiritual teachings into everyday living. Teachers cater to diverse learning styles and the social/emotional needs of this age group, by using interactive activities, group discussion, role-play, and other group activities to enrich each child’s understanding and expression of his/her spiritual identity and place in the cosmos. Lessons emphasize life-skills and healthy identity formation and call upon tweens and young teens to honor their innate Christ. Lessons facilitate a shift from understanding the world in limited, concrete ways to thinking spiritually and expansively about their human experience. Most lessons focus on social skills, trust building, prayer and meditation, and the vital importance of connecting with Spirit.
This teen ministry focuses on three main areas: prayer, service, and leadership. Teens are encouraged to express their highest selves in a loving environment that helps them explore Unity principles and God-centered life skills in application. The teens strengthen leadership skills by creating and facilitating their Sunday morning experiences, as well as activities outside the classroom.