Sunday Morning Youth Programs
9:30 am (Sanctuary Building)
- Nursery (babies & toddlers) – Nursery
- K- 8th grade – Youth Activity Room
Children may be dropped off by guardians at the Sunlight Center, on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building as early as 10:45am.
- Babies, Toddlers & Preschoolers – Sanctuary, Nursery
- Elementary: 5-11 years (K – 5th grade), Sunlight Center Yellow room
- Middle School: 11-14 years (6th-8th grade), Sunlight Center Orange room
- High School: 14-19 years (9th-12 grade), Sunlight Center Red room
- All children Nursery through 8th Grade must be signed in and out by an adult parent or guardian.
- Please pick up your child immediately following the service.
- Weather-permitting, children in elementary through 8th grade can be picked up in the Peace Garden following class; in the case of inclement weather, children may be picked up in The Sunlight Center.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in our classrooms.
Youth & Family Ministry (YFM) Beliefs
Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome here. At Unity Fort Worth we strive to create an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance.
Our Mission & Vision
Through the teaching of Unity principles in a radically accepting and God-centered environment, we set out to draw forth from every child and youth his or her innate Christ Spirit.
- Behold all children as whole and perfect expressions of God
- Empower children to fulfill their divine potential
- Teach children to meditate and pray
- Invite children to experience a loving God
Unity Principles For Kids
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think, and by what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference!
What we teach
Babies & Toddlers (6 wks to 3 years)
Nursery – Babies & toddlers learn Unity values of love, peace, oneness, and innate divinity through positive interaction with other children, as well as adult staff & volunteers. Children are encouraged to express creativity & uniqueness through play. Positive experiences here empower and affirm our little ones’ divine Light.
Pre-K (potty-trained, aged 3 to 5 years)
Preschool – Using the Unity-published What a Wonderful World curriculum, our Pre-K teachers draw forth innate spiritual wisdom from our preschool aged children. We use puppets, discussion, simple meditation techniques, games, sensory-rich crafts, and a wide range of stories to deepen spiritual understanding. All of our activities encourage creativity and stress the importance and delight of connecting with God.
Elementary (Kinder through 4th)
Assembly time & age-appropriate lessons support children in learning to connect with God and their own Light, as well as each other! Our teachers employ prayer and meditation techniques, sacred stories and discussion, interactive activities, and creative expression to link lesson topics to personal experience.
Uniteens (5th to 8th)
Assembly fosters a sense of community, while more advanced lesson material supports the integration of spiritual teachings into everyday living. Teachers cater to diverse learning styles and the social/emotional needs of this age group, by using interactive activities, group discussion, role-play, and other group activities to enrich each child’s understanding and expression of his/her spiritual identity and place in the cosmos. Lessons emphasize life-skills and healthy identity formation and call upon tweens and young teens to honor their innate Christ. Lessons facilitate a shift from understanding the world in limited, concrete ways to thinking spiritually and expansively about their human experience. Most lessons focus on social skills, trust building, prayer and meditation, and the vital importance of connecting with Spirit.
Y.O.U. (Youth of Unity—9th-12th)
This teen ministry focuses on three main areas: prayer, service, and leadership. Teens are encouraged to express their highest selves in a loving environment that helps them explore Unity principles and God-centered life skills in application. The teens strengthen leadership skills by creating and facilitating their Sunday morning experiences, as well as activities outside the classroom.
Myrtle Fillmore – Mother of Unity
“Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out. To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent. Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone to follow the glad law of its own unfolding. But our children! Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities? Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?”
– August, 1893Become a YFM Volunteer!