Unity teaches the transformative power of prayer.
Through alignment with the power of God within and around us we can achieve healing, wholeness, prosperity and peace!
One way we fulfill our mission is through prayer:
Prayer and healing are the foundation upon which Unity was established.
Pastoral Care Ministry
- Sunday Prayer Time
- Prayer Chaplains are available for one-on-one prayer and celebration sharing in the sanctuary after each Sunday service.
- Prayer Chest
- Prayer chests are located in both in the sanctuary and administrative buildings.
- You may also submit prayer requests online.
- All those making requests receive daily prayer support.
- Prayer List
- A prayer list appears in the weekly bulletin. To be included on this prayer list: please call the church office (817-423-2965), submit prayers online, or fill out a prayer slip at the church.
- Who is a Prayer Chaplain?
- A prayer chaplain is any person that is willing to serve to our community with prayer.
- Any person that chooses to be in prayer with others in person, by telephone or with written prayer postcards.
- Any person that is willing to take the prayer chaplain training program.
- Any person that is willing to make visits to the homebound or hospital.
- What is a Prayer Chaplain?
- Someone that holds spiritual space.
- Someone that empathetically and lovingly listens to others.
- A person that uses heart centered prayer.
- One who allows Spirit to speak through them.
- A person that maintains the confidentiality of prayer.
- A Prayer Chaplain is not a hospital or hospice chaplain.
- Serving as a Prayer Chaplain
- Necessitates a deep level of commitment to the ministry.
- Requires membership in Unity Fort Worth (UFW).
- Involves a minimum one year commitment to the Prayer Chaplaincy program.
- Warrants an active involvement in UFW programs.
- Creates a commitment to serving in Sunday prayer a minimum of two Sunday services per month.
- Commits the Prayer Chaplain to attending monthly meetings or trainings.
- Requires completing the “DFW Area” wide training program a minimum of once every other year.
- Creates a commitment for monthly wellness calls or postcards.
Ministerial Services Offered
- Spiritual Counseling
- Ministers are available for confidential spiritual counseling. This service is provided on a love-offering basis. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment or to share your questions and comments about Unity and its teachings.
- Other Services
- Ministers are also available for weddings, christenings, funerals, memorial services, hospital visits and prayer. Call the office for details.