Explore your understanding of Divine Nature and your Divine Identity!
Learn how to enhance or begin a daily prayer practice that includes the silence, journaling, and upholding intentions of self and others. Gain confidence in prayer as you develop your own rich inner Life of Prayer.
This is a Spiritual Education and Enrichment class (SEE) and introduces the Unity way of affirmative prayer and Charles Fillmore’s teachings regarding prayer. Course objectives include:
- Understand Divine Nature and Divine Identity as the foundation for prayer.
- Compare and contrast traditional prayer methods with your own way of prayer and the Unity method of affirmative prayer.
- Learn and practice prayer language consistent with an evolving spiritual consciousness.
- Start or renew a meaningful daily prayer and meditation practice.
- Explore approaches to prayer in relation to wholeness, healing, prosperity, harmony, and purpose.
Course Text: How to Pray Without Talking to God: moment by moment, choice by choice, Rev. Linda Martella-Whitsett, (2011) Hampton Roads Publishing Company. Available in The Higher Shelf Bookstore
Dates: Wednesdays, January 10 – February 7, 2018; 7 – 9 p.m. Fellowship Hall
Instructor: Denise Teague, MS. Licensed Unity Teacher