Talking about death is usually considered taboo in our culture, even though everyone will eventually die. Surprisingly, it is in the contemplation of death that we can realize the deathless nature of self. The Dalai Lama said that “(w)e can either choose to ignore it or we can confront the prospect of our own death and, by thinking clearly about it, try to minimize the suffering that it can bring.”
In this four week workshop, we will confront our own death, our fears, and our definition of a “good” death. We will also discuss the necessity for advanced directives to ensure our wishes are honored, explore the gift of ethical wills and legacy letters, and consider pre and post vigil instructions for family.
Childcare will be provided upon request.
- When: from 7:00 – 8:30 P.M.
- Dates: October 26, November 2, 9, and 16
- Where: Fellowship Hall of Unity Church of Fort Worth
- Facilitator: Adrianne Berry
- Cost: Free (Love offering to church is greatly appreciated for facility use)